Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Review of Hyros setup in Second Life

Second Life Marketing Review

I was reading the Digital Media magazine that came with my B&T and noticed Hyro had setup a Second Life Recruitment Hub. So I have decided to provide you with a review of what I found.

Hyro's Second Life Recruitment Hub Review
Firstly I am not a Second Life guru but would more place myself into the Noob demographic. I think this post might be quite interesting from the perspective of a marketer in some of the things to cover when marketing in Second Life. I struggled a bit trying to actually find the Hyro establishment. Its not listed on their press release where the actual coordinates of the Hyro Recruitment Hub were. I actually found where it was by reading a different Second Life blog.

Second Life convenient links that actually teleport your character directly to the place in question.

(BTW The Hyro Second Life Recruitment Hub coordinates are as follows. You need to have your Second Life application open at the same time.)

Whats inside?
So I really like whats inside the Hyro Recruitment Hub! Here is what's listed in the index:

A picture of the index in the complex

1. Theatre Block
Contruction site - Something thats still being built.
Theatre - This is a big theatre with lots of seats to sit down in. Quite nice. There is a big ad on the wall saying "Heavy Mobile TV. Coming Soon". I might have to revist to see what thats all about?

2. Conference Centre

Submit your application here. I struggled and couldnt quite work it out.

Recruitment Hub - This is the all famous place where you can submit your application. I couldnt figure out how to get the application onto my character. I consider myself to be fairly technically savvy but still a Second Life n00b so maybe there was a little trick to it. Perhaps, because none of the Hyro people were present they set it not to function?
The Space Station - This is a conference room with lots of seats and a table styled like a space station.
The Forest - This is a conference room with lots of seats and a table styled like a forrest. I didnt really bother going in here as it was the same as the other.
The Beach - This is a conference room with lots of seats and a table styled like a beach, I liked this one because of the lifesaver flags.

3. Showrooms
News & Awards - Some listings of the awards and recent news Hyro has received.
Web & Interactive - Some portfolio screenshots of work
Wireless & Mobile - Same as above.
Construction site - Something being built here.

4. Workshop
A place to meet with tables and chairs where you could submit your application for a job again. Again I didnt figure out how to get my application form.

This is a perspective of the different levels that are in the complex.

I decided to take a bit of a tour around and had some fun shooting my avatar around in the cannons. But because no one was there to enjoy it with me I left.

Conclusion
All and all an interesting experience and I learnt a bit about moving around in Second Life. Was super keen to get that application form but perhaps its just a bug they are fixing. I just went over to this castle near by and have found my first Second Life person to speak to. They are French so lets see how I go!

No comments: