Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Back from Melbourne

I have just returned from Melbourne and have been at the Health e Nations conference where we were a sponsor.

I have noticed some changes in technology and just wanted to give my opinion on some technologies that I think are really good.

1. Tablet PCs

I have seen 2 presentations recently using tablet pcs. And I have to say it is awesome. People are like walking around stage and writing things on the board at the same time as their preso. I also really like how you can write on the preso to illustrate things. I think this is going to be the way of the future.

2. Blogs

This is a blog. Blogging is great because its real and its honest. Its buying into the cluetrain manifesto and I love it. A website will no longer be a word in the future there will only be blogs. Why read a static and stale piece of text when you can read a fresh newly written one.

3. Smartphones

Im worried about this and havent moved to this yet but I am keen. I would love to be able to read my emails where ever I am and be continually doing business. Angus Robinson the chief executive of AEEMA said it best to me at the conference. Companies these days are like a pack of insects. They are always communicating and people just know what it is they should be doing and could be doing for the company. Its like a shared intelligence.

Blog on!

No comments: